When I was young, I used to spend a lot of time playing with Lego sets. I used to make space ships, buildings, pirate ships, and weird death scenes. Eventually I grew up (read: graduated from college) and could afford to buy whatever sets I wanted. No more reliance on mom and dad to pick out the correct sets for me!
Although I get most of my Lego sets to build their intended model, sometimes I am able to collect together enough loose bricks to build something fun. My main interest these days has been in trains, so I've been going wild lately building train-related creations. Some of them are included here.
- Mega Lego - What happens when you send little lego pieces through a megalizer machine?
- Beetle - A tiny model of an old Volkswagen Beetle.
- Little Depot - A small passenger depot partly inspired by a large bucket of bricks and a pick-a-brick purchase.
- Little Platform - A cargo platform for loading goods on and off a train. Made mostly from the parts from a Harry Potter set.
- Signal - A trackside signal inspired by one seen on MOCpages.
- Water Tower - A water tower built mostly from parts from an Adventurers set.
- Trolley - A trolley I built after seeing some inspiration on the web.
- Metra Car - Living in an apartment down the street from some railroad tracks outside Chicago inspired me to build a Metra commuter rail car.
- Submarine Flatbed - A flatbed car built for carrying a small submarine.